L210 hydraulics

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Anyone out there with hydraulic experience on the L210? I have the owners and parts manuals and have a shop manual ordered. The lift doesn't hold pressure and the fluid is getting in the main gear case. Filter is clean. I'm thinking it is the o-ring on the hydra piston. Anyone ever have this happen?

Mike

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Thanks Vic I'll keep an eye out for it. A great website with lots of info. Much appreciated by orange tractor owners everywhere. Are you in Alberta? I had fresh caught trout cooked in butter from the McCloud <sp?> river once. A fun canoe ride also.;-)))

Mike

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Ok I got the manual. I'm not sure its the one I need tho. Only about 50pgs long. The parts breakdown is more helpful. Is there a more detailed manual? I have vacation time this month and want to use it to work on my l210. one quick question. Will I have to pull the entire oil pressure cylinder body, the one below where I sit, to repalce the o-ring or can it be done by removing the front & rear cylinder covers? There is a rod pin holding the piston but it looks like it could be removed with the rear cover off. Anybody ever do this on an l210. Thanks for any info.

Mike

PS Vic I wish there was some mountains here. High around 100 and the low at night mid 70's. I'm talking 75-76 mid 70's.;-((

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I've never worked on the hyd. on a l21 but it looks like you should be able to renew the piston seal by removing the front cover and withdrawing the piston according to the service manual. You could also remove the rear cover and ,with a load on the 3 point hitch, observe whether the seal is actually leaking. If the oil is going into the trans. though, the piston seal looks like the likely culprit.
Ed

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Thanks for the encouragement and info.:) This will be my first tractor repair project and I'm sort of looking forward to it. Now its time to start stocking up on fluids and I don't mean gator ade.

Mike

steve01

Equipment
B7100D with a B219 loader, B3548 mower
Jun 30, 2009
Lake, Mi.
Perfect weather for golfing, waxing you car or Kubota, or lounging in a lawn chair!

WHAT NO BIKINI WATCHING???????? What you guys thinking up there?:D