Draw Bar II w/ Winch

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
For those of you who wondered how I hooked up my winch to the drawbar, here are pictures of my setup. I bolted the winch to a hitch receiver portable winch mount, mounted the battery to temporary platform bolted to the drawbar, ran a charging wire from the starter to the + side of the battery, hooked a ground wire from the - pole to the tractor body, hooked the + & - winch cables to the battery, and was in business. Yes, I have a snatch block, but the tree I was snaking out was not that heavy and I needed as much line as I could get getting the log out of the bushes. I'd probably snaked out 25 logs or so before the last one hit a stump just right. I've since repaired the winch. As shown in the picture with the double line, the winch has enough power to move the L35 even with the bucket down. Got the winch from a good buddy that didn't need it anymore. Don't use it very often, but when I do, it is HANDY!

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Here's a suggestion to power that winch without the need of an extra battery to power it. Purchase a polarized socket and mount that on the tractor and connect it to the tractor battery and then get yourself a lexan plug to put on the end of the cables of the winch and you have a handy way to power and run the winch without the need on an extra battery.

http://www.awdirect.com/polarized-s...-associated-6137/jump-start-sets-accessories/

http://www.awdirect.com/replacement...-associated-6207/jump-start-sets-accessories/

Yeah its kinda pricey but its well worth it, My dad and I have the same polarized socket and jumper cables on our trucks which make it nice not having to pop open the hood of your truck to jumpstart things.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks the compliments and advice. I really like the quick plugs for jumper cables. I'd love to have several of them. What I used was taken from the junk that I had on hand, including the battery, robbed from the travel trailer. Thanks again.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yes sir

I thought maybe you could use the ideas on the quick plug to make life simple and make the entire project neat and clean and eliminate some extra junky wires since you have a sharp looking setup already

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Eric, those polarized sockets are a good idea. On ptwyz's lawn mower towing device it looked like he had that connector.

Man them chalks are expensive at $219.99 :eek:

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Patt,
Thanks for taking the time to post such great details! Those pic's were great, thank you.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah the scotch blocks are a little steep but man they have saved my ass from sliding into a ditch when recovering a car on more then one occasion and are worth their weight in gold to me.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yeah the scotch blocks are a little steep but man they have saved my ass from sliding into a ditch when recovering a car on more then one occasion and are worth their weight in gold to me.

Well I hear ya there! In that case those blocks are priceless!!

Scott