What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Picked up a grader box at Rural King last weekend. Had to add a 4" long piece of heavy 3" X 2" channel on each side to get the quick hitch pins spread out to the proper location for the quick hitch. Also drilled a new hole to get the top bolt at the proper location above the lower pins.
Used it to grade the drive in front of the shop to eliminate the low spot that always fills with water when it rains. Works great, and I have a few other places that are going to get graded.
My niece's husband borrowed it on Saturday and used the FEL to level and grade a couple dump truck loads of mulch dropped in big piles their church's playground. He said it sure beat using wheel barrows and rakes.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Brought in 12 yards of topsoil/compost. Spread it and seeded grass. Then moved several yards of large rocks out of the garden area.

Marknga

Equipment
2006 Kubota L4400D, 6ft Befco finishing mower, 5ft J Bar HD rotary cutter
Sep 13, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Had my new J Bar 5ft HD rotary cutter delivered and was able to clear a little bit. 1st impression was that it was alright. Looking forward to getting busy on the rest of the 11.5 acres.

Attachments

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
Became impatient for bare ground so removed two feet of snow off the garden area. Hope this helps warm the soil and melt the snow a bit faster. The clean tractor will not last long with mud season coming up next.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Became impatient for bare ground so removed two feet of snow off the garden area. Hope this helps warm the soil and melt the snow a bit faster. The clean tractor will not last long with mud season coming up next.
It's mud season here right now and boy I'll be glad when it's over.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I picked up a Vicon oscillating spreader really cheap. Took it all apart to clean and lubricate. I had to shim the gear box assembly due to a tweaked crossmember. If the gearbox and cover are not level the hopper won’t fit correctly. After a full day of work it’s all working correctly. These are really expensive spreaders that are made in Germany and you can definitely tell they are. Way over thought and over engineered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marknga

Equipment
2006 Kubota L4400D, 6ft Befco finishing mower, 5ft J Bar HD rotary cutter
Sep 13, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Spent 7 hours on the L4400D with the J Bar rotary cutter. Got about 3 acres cleared and the front field cut. Doing a good job. Some before and after.

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I have an ongoing project that will start any day, as soon as it stops snowing 5" the last 3 days) and dries out a bit! Last fall I added onto an outbuilding, just a post and beamer, mostly to house the tractor attachments I keep buying, and the 12' dump bed trailer, I bought the year before. It will involve using the Kubota U25S mini excavator to further dig into the hillside (NO rocks!), to allow a more straight in approach to the 10' wide garage door on this new addition. I will tag team it, using a combo of the miniX and the L3301 and it's scraper blade and FEL.

I have been struggling with where to put this dirt I will be removing, living on a mountain side with an average grade of 8 to 12%, the first batch I took out last fall was used to expand my level (nearly) area in front of my shop, gaining me valuable useful space in my main parking area. But I have enough! Today, while the dog was taking me for my morning walk, I realized the perfect spot for it, at the very bottom of my 40 acres, 147' vertical below where it will be getting dug out. Sounds odd, but it took me several months to come up with a place to put the dirt, I don't need it up around the place, as any dirt I move has to be covered with gravel, if it's going to driven on, and I have enough parking space, finally. At the bottom, one area not farmed, right by my access road, just jumped out at me today. No gravel cover needed, it won't be driven on ever, and if I ever need all this fill I can go down and get it. Going downhill loaded with the dump bed trailer, (pulling it with the 1 ton pickup) and coming up empty, with an easy turn around, I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out, and now i can't wait to get started, pictures to follow.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The Mrs. said let’s have an outside fire tonight.... I said we don’t have any firewood...
She said get some......
Thankfully cut a small ash down last fall, but there’s sap tubing all around. Also had to bust through hedgerow to the newly-owned property.
I’ll remind her of this stuff when it’s time for another Kubota......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Finally got around to installing my wheel weights. Wrestling around each 70 lb weight wasn't fun...

Since the weather was nice -72 degrees! I mounted my mirrors

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
I realized that I need some ballast. I didn't think it weighed that much, but I chained this stump to the bucket and had no problems picking it up and moving with it, but steering was difficult. Drove over and put it into the bed of my rtv, and looked like I was pushing down on the rear with the bucket. At first I was like WTH is wrong with my steering.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Finally got around to installing my Stabilworks links from Hodge. I had previously painted them but was busy taking the backhoe apart so they were on the back burner for awhile. Also painted my linkages for the backhoe and did some prep for painting my loader and backhoe and the bolt on thumb with old Kubota orange.

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Finally got around to installing my wheel weights. Wrestling around each 70 lb weight wasn't fun...

Since the weather was nice -72 degrees! I mounted my mirrors

Did you drill holes in the loader assembly or use adhesive. Need to mount mine this week

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Did you drill holes in the loader assembly or use adhesive. Need to mount mine this week
I ended up drilling a 5/16" hole in the thin, non structural "web" on the back of the loader arm. Nice and solid mount and the mirrors don't rattle at all