Brand new L series mid mount mowers

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My local dealer in Green Valley Ontario (far south east) has three 72" mid mount mowers from L series which he will sell for $250 each.(cash no tax I expect) Never used. Stored inside but dirty from diesel exhaust.

For the right person, you would spend more than that one just one spindle assembly.

If anyone is interested I will help as much as I can.

Dealer is 30 minutes away so only ask for more info if very serious.

Dave

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Which L series takes a mid-mount mower?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Which L series takes a mid-mount mower?
I am only repeating what my dealer told me and he has no reason to mislead me.

I am suspecting Kubota tried marketing an L with a big mid mower and they did not sell.

To sell the tractors, the dealer had to remove the mowers to get his selling price lower to compete with what other brands were selling.

He likely sold the three tractors in a lot to a public organization or perhaps a big snow removal company.

Dave

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
I have an L2500 that had a mid mount mower on it. Suffice it to say, I removed it and installed a Woods loader. The PTO power came from the front crank of the engine via a shaft into a belt box the hung down off the front of the frame. From there the driveshaft for the mower deck hooked on to a splined portion of the output and a lever was mounted with a cable going down to the belt box which moved a pulley to tighten the belts to engage the mower. Lifting the deck was a series of acrobatic links and chains that ultimately hooked onto the three point arm. Very stout and extremely heavy. A pain in the butt to maintenance the tractor for sure.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
My friend and I bought the three mowers for $600 total.

I have a tired Landpride 2572 3 pt hitch mower and am hoping to add the Landpride 3 pt hitch to the RC72-36 deck.

First big challenge I expect will be to get the proper rpm that the mower pto expects. I am thinking of a couple of sprockets to up the 540 rear pto speed.

I have not yet got a manual.

Do you know the mower pto rpm with the belt drive from the engine arrangement on the L series

The only mid pto I have looked at on a B series was 2,450 rpm

Dave

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Can they be used on B series tractors?

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
My friend and I bought the three mowers for $600 total.

I have a tired Landpride 2572 3 pt hitch mower and am hoping to add the Landpride 3 pt hitch to the RC72-36 deck.

First big challenge I expect will be to get the proper rpm that the mower pto expects. I am thinking of a couple of sprockets to up the 540 rear pto speed.

I have not yet got a manual.

Do you know the mower pto rpm with the belt drive from the engine arrangement on the L series

The only mid pto I have looked at on a B series was 2,450 rpm

Dave
The RPM was determined by the engine. The pulleys in the belt box were equal in size from what I can remember. The mower gearbox had a forward facing position and the driveshaft for the mower went towards the front of the tractor, not the rear. Using a geared up 540 PTO would not work with that type of mower.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
The RPM was determined by the engine. The pulleys in the belt box were equal in size from what I can remember. The mower gearbox had a forward facing position and the driveshaft for the mower went towards the front of the tractor, not the rear. Using a geared up 540 PTO would not work with that type of mower.

Thanks.

Now by looking up the L series rpm vs torque curve I can see the rpm the mower ran at on the L.
Since I am going to have the mower behind my tractor not underneath, the pto shaft direction is correct. Towards the front.

I am just going to have to mentally make certain the direction of rotation is correct. If it is not, then I will rotate the mower gearbox 180 degrees so the pto points towards the back and do my sprocket speed increase from 540 rear pto to the higher speed needed. The sprockets will be approximately at the middle of the mower deck.

Failing that I can consider using the gear box from my Landpride.

Dave

Last edited:

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Thanks.

Now by looking up the L series rpm vs torque curve I can see the rpm the mower ran at on the L.
Since I am going to have the mower behind my tractor not underneath, the pto shaft direction is correct. Towards the front.

I am just going to have to mentally make certain the direction of rotation is correct. If it is not, then I will rotate the mower gearbox 180 degrees so the pto points towards the back and do my sprocket speed increase from 540 rear pto to the higher speed needed. The sprockets will be approximately at the middle of the mower deck.

Failing that I can consider using the gear box from my Landpride.

Dave
I was able to find a PDF scan of the owners manuals for the mower deck. PM me your email and I will figured out how to share it from my Dropbox account.