No power steering

JAIME ROSA

Equipment
2000 KUBOTA L3000DT 4 X 4
Dec 3, 2009
EDINBURG TEXAS USA 78539
2000 l3000 dt 4 x 4 kubota with loader. My power steering does not work and my front end loader did not have any power to lift anything. The dealer said the tractor was operated with low hydraulic oil and caused the pump to fail and the position control valve under the seat and inside the rear transmission to fail. The dealer replaced the hydraulic pump and the position control valve and got the hydraulic system to work the 3 point and loader, but was not able to get the power steering to work. They called kubota tech support and the could not figure it out. The dealers mechanic told me on the side that the power steering priority valve/power beyond design was not a very good system. Please help i still have no power steering and the dealer could not remedy the situation.

Thanks for you help and ideas.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Jaime and wow what a shame this all happened. I personally own an L2600DT S/N 51515 purchased in 2000 with several hundred hours and have always used SuperUDT and have never had any problems just cleaning the Transmission strainer and topping off the fluid to the center of the sight bubble. I will say I have always noticed from day one the loader will overtake the steering (A) even with the flow priority valve restricting flow to the (B) position control valve. Did the Dealer adjust the relief valve setting on the steering Gear? :confused:

Attachments

JAIME ROSA

Equipment
Dec 3, 2009
EDINBURG TEXAS USA 78539
Thanks for responding. The dealer said that is was not the relief valve on the steering box. I bought the service manual and removed and cleaned the priority valve with compressed air. All the part inside were clean and freely moving. Another mechanic said to disconnect the the loader completely to see if the hydraulic oil flows to the steering box without going through the loader control valve. I have no idea how to route the hoses to bypass the loader control direct to the steering box. Any suggestions

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's exactly right and go look at this site...http://www.snap-titequickdisconnects.com/ because these are the type of quick disconnects that should be on a 2000 model LA450S loader. Look at the ops manual for loader disconnect procedure and just disconnect those three lines leaving the base of the valve, this is in section 7 on pages 22 & 23. "gitter done" :D:D:D

Attachments

Last edited:

JAIME ROSA

Equipment
Dec 3, 2009
EDINBURG TEXAS USA 78539
I finally got oil flow to my steering box. I found a blockage on the priority flow valve connector. The botton connector has two connector fittings leading to the steering box. I disassembled the connector fittings and found a one way fitting equipped with a b.b. Style valve in it. I soaked it and blew it out with compressed air and now the b.b. Rattles in it and lets air or oil out and closes to prevent back flow.

Now one problem. I disassembled the relief valve to check for debris and cleaned it out. How do i reset the pressure relief valve without spending over a 1000.00 for the testing kit. My dealer does not have on because he rarely checks these settings and that the testing kit was too expensive. My power steering is working again but the pressure relief valve is kicking in too early.

Any ideas would be helpful.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
How did your dealer determine that you needed a pump and a position control valve without a pressure guage? A guage kit is too expensive? Not when you start replacing parts that don't require replacement. ( Or telling customers that Kubota's system is not very good when you really haven't a clue!!!!!)

Last edited: