requesting battery code help

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
The Interstate Battery web sites indicate the B series mostly use a group 51 battery, which is 9 3/4 long and 5" wide.

The battery in the B7001 measures 9 x 4 3/4 x 9, which does not look right.
However, the battery has the code 50B24l stamped on it, and I picked this up from another thread...

"If that is a B7100 then I think the Kubota part number is 66704-55430 a cross reference battery number should be 50B24L"

I don't see any battery in the chart that is as small as the one in there now.

http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html

The B7100 is listed as a group 51 battery, so I am a bit confused.

If that Kubota number is correct, then the rest is easy. Can anyone help here?

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
I have no idea about this machine or the battery, but I know a lot about electricity. Don't worry about the specifics of what battery. Most important is voltage (12, probably) and size. You can use a piece of plywood as a spacer if you have to. Then the terminals (post or stud, right is positive or left is positive). A volt is a volt and an amp is an amp. It don't matter. I had an old Case 580C that need 2 super heavy duty 6 volt batteries in series - total cost was about $400. I went to Wal-mart and got a a single 12 volt battery which fit my Honda Accord and it worked perfectly for years (and saved $300.)

So, measure your battery, draw what type of posts you need and where they are, and go to any auto-parts store and ask for one of these.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Specs are just a bit misleading.....

Ends up it is a 51R battery, the dimensions in the specs are for the battery case in the tractor, not the actual dimensions of the battery, which are a bit smaller. Kubota dealer had the correct one for the best price.
Now I can put the booster cables back in the truck.