Hydraulic leaks into Engine

cdev007

Equipment
Kubota B8200HST w Loader and Backhoe
Sep 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I have a B8200HST. For some reason my transmission fluid gets really low. I had to refill twice and had to add a lot. There is no evident leaks anywhere. But the engine crankcase oil fills up and overflows through the valve cover breather.

I think hydraulic oil found its way to the crankcase. I am thinking 2 scenarios:
1) The hydraulic pump has a busted seal and the hydraulic pressure pushes oil through the pump shaft into the engine

2) The transmission fluid leaks to the engine through the clutch and then to the crankcase.

I think number 2 is unlikely. Oil would probably leak down from the clutch housing.

Any of you ever had this problem? Maybe there is another path the oil takes I cannot think of?
If the problem is the Hydraukic pump, how do i fix it? HELP

cdev007

Equipment
Sep 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I suspect no1 as well. Is it easy to fix? I already had changed some o-rings on the gear pump about a year ago. I did not change the seals.. I will go to the dealer and ask for a full rebuid kit (If they offer it) and the exploded view of the parts. Maybe they have instructions on how to do it properly.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
It happened on my B7200.I ended up putting a new pump on. $500.00 or there abouts. You can try to just replace the seal first. You have to get lucky sometimes. Good luck.:D Dusty

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
Ed Hill can speak to this problem. I found I was leaving a trail of oil on the lawn. Discovered low transmission oil but high level of engine oil. I changed the seal in the hydraulic pump and all is well. While I had the B1750 apart, I installed new hoses for coolant and oil and changed over to Amsoil for both engine and transmission. The tractor seems to run better and quieter but it could be my imagination.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Another vote for 1.
On mine, the fluid was leaking through the keyway where the injector pump drives the hydraulic pump, through the injector pump into the crankcase. The pump has previously been improperly installed, so the repair cost over $1000 by the time it was finished.

cdev007

Equipment
Sep 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Thanks to all. I will go to the dealer and buy the necessary pump seals and replace them. Will let you know. Maybe I will be lucky and not have to replace the entire pump. Again, Thanks to all. This is my first time on this forum and so far it proves to be excellent.:)