L4200 GST in mid Michigan

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Stopped by Michigan State University, East Lansing surplus and salvage store and they had a Kubota L4200 GST outfitted for snow plowing, front blade with hydraulic angle controls in the lot. Nice cab. Didn't see a price and didn't have time to stay to ask about it. Looked like it had some serious hydraulic leaks or someone spilled some stuff around it. Check online, they sell some stuff online auction, there may be more info there. Tractor looked in good condition.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hmmm 19 years old, no tier4 stuff, good project to learn all about hydraulics on..Nice warm cab...probably kept inside and used every winter on some part of the campus. Bad news is sometimes those mowing and plowing jobs are given to students who may not be kind to equipment. Most U stuff is pretty well maintained unless owned by a department and not buildings and grounds. 9K. If I had my barn paid for I'd be tempted. Dunno what for though, except that cab might look mighty good after El Nino goes away.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The MSU surplus store is on the Michigan State University campus on Farm Lane, East Lansing. They are open for public shopping on Tuesdays and Fridays. No telling what they will have for sale. Lots of old desks and bookshelves oddly enough. But being an ag school occasional tractor stuff. Check website. I saw the tractor driving past, the orange caught my eye...:D