bx25 front tire leaks

HUMPHEYDO

Equipment
BX25
Sep 18, 2011
WESTSPRINGFIELD, MASS
i have had this prob from the first month, i told the dealer he offered to put in a tube, for a price..... i have taken it in and the tire people took it off the rim cleaned it and sealed it but no deal still leaks. i thought it was the valve because it was leaking from there then i tightened it, now it leaks from the rim very slow leak but a leak all the same SIGH......... any advice before i tube it or shoot it. def a rim leak tho. second prob was the light switch hazzard lights or turn signal turn on ramdomly, took apart the switch top to bottom and cleaned every bit no prob now took about 30 min to clean.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Like IPZ said, try some Slime in it. I use it all the time around the farm. Always seems to take more than what it says to use on the jug but if it stops the leak it's worth it. Works in tube type or tubeless just fine.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Did you maybe rub the rim against something hard and put a kink it in a little bit? Another common problem too is dirt gets between the rim and the tire and causes air leaks as well.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
BX front tire leaks are a common problem. Be sure to pump up the tire and spray it with soapy water to diagnose the leak(s). A lot of times it will leak through the sidewall on Kubota tires. Tubing it is the way to go for a permanent fix but Slime usually works too.

As for the lights - the dash switches are not waterproof. It is a common problem for the lights to flash or go on without using the switch. I disconnected mine and left them that way.

HUMPHEYDO

Equipment
BX25
Sep 18, 2011
WESTSPRINGFIELD, MASS
WELL i guess i will slime it this was that way from the start, even after being broke down cleaned and resealed still leaks sigh..... thanks for the advice all. cant see shooting her yet still many good years to come

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
My dealer gave me a new tire wheel combination, first one also leaked, but the second is holding air after over three years.

I did not want tubes or slime.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I bought a bottle of that green slime at a walmart a while back. Dont recall brand, maybe American something or other. Anyhow, the the fronts on my B7100 were originally on a Big ZTR of some sort that my nephew re-shod because the bar tread was tearing the sod up to much at his place. Free tires! Correct size!! Whoo hoo! But as would have it one would leak down fast, somehow after I put them on. It seemed to come right through the sidewall.

Half a bottle of that green gunk and a half hour of use later, I began to see small bubbles on the sidewall. I was ***very*** skeptical of its properties. Anyhow, after its chores were done for the night i parked the old girl so the leak was at the lowest point. Now three months later, it hasn't changed a PSI that I can tell. I will use this secret potion again. Its not real cheap but, in the whole scheme of things, certainly not expensive. About a third of the price of a tube. Best thing, I didn't have to take the front wheel weights off to take the wheel off to get it fixed with a tube. That takes me more than two hands for some reason. As I said I ^^^will^^^ use slime again.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I just had a flat on my 9000. Stuck a stick thru the front tire that was as big as my little finger and went in about 4" or so. I pumped the slime to it and pulled the stick out. Got in and backed the tractor up so the hole was on the bottom. When I pulled up it had leaked about a spoon full of slime out and the leak was sealed. That stuff is green gold to me.

cynicman

Equipment
BX25, 5' Farm King Finish Mower, Land Pride RTR1250 Tiller, Land Pride BB1248
Sep 7, 2012
BC Canada
Kubota knows about the front tires leaking. Just before my 2 year warranty expired I told my dealer about the tires loosing air since new. Their solution was to put tubes in. Not perfect, but better than nothing (I hope).

Wormwood

Equipment
M5-111 SVL97-2 Sidekick
Oct 3, 2011
Little Rock, AR, United States
I bought my BX almost a year ago to date & the front right tire was constantly leaking. Every morning I had to air it up. I'd say in 24hrs. It would go from 22-23psi to 15-17psi, after 4-5 days it would be on the rim.
So I took the tire off the rim & found little bits of tire rubber stuck to the rim. It looked like either the tire was installed hot, Kubota used rubber cement during installation, or the paint was still curing on the rim. So I cleaned the rim with some Scotchbrite, remount the tire on the rim & then realized I had mounted backwards! The good part is it's held 25 psi for 4 days now...FWIW.

Wormwood

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
I just had a flat on my 9000. Stuck a stick thru the front tire that was as big as my little finger and went in about 4" or so. I pumped the slime to it and pulled the stick out. Got in and backed the tractor up so the hole was on the bottom. When I pulled up it had leaked about a spoon full of slime out and the leak was sealed. That stuff is green gold to me.
Liquid Laundry starch will seal leaks like slime at 1/8 the cost.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Liquid Laundry starch will seal leaks like slime at 1/8 the cost.
Can you elaborate? You have direct experience doing this? Long-"ish" fix or emergency repair?

thx

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
Can you elaborate? You have direct experience doing this? Long-"ish" fix or emergency repair?

thx
I learned of it on another tractor forum site...if you google "Liquid Starch tire repair" I am sure you will find the numerous posts. I have done it to numerous tires with 100% success but the longest I have used it has been a couple of months. The other site discussion had members with years of success. Walmart sells 2 qrts for $2.80 and use it the same as slime. I wouldn't depend on it for my cars traveling 75 mph but for tractors and lawnmowers..you bet!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Seems some of the desert dogs use that stuff in their paddle tires for sand use, said sand burrs hole seal right up so it seems to work for them,, I mean for 2.80 ya put 2 quarts in pressurzise it and see what happens . If ya gota brake it down to put in a tube the stuff would just wash out with water what have ya lost. I had to slime both fronts on my BX as well put 1 bottle in each one, cheaper than tubes,, been workin so far

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
wormwood, why did you post that beautiful picture of that bx with chrome on the front and fel posts?? My bx22 just don't look so pretty any more. Now where did I bury that extra money?????

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Wormwood, my OCD is kicking in. You've gotta turn that tire around, or delete the photo... we've all got a little bit of Monk in us...

akranger72

Equipment
Kubota BX25, RB0560 rear blade, BB0548 box scraper, PF10 bucket forks.
Feb 12, 2012
Delta Junction, AK
Bought my BX25 last march and front right tire leaked from day 1. I did the soapy water test and found 2 different places where air was leaking out between the rim and tire. I took tire off and all looked clean so I remounted and squirted a bottle of green slime into it then aired it up and drove it around for 10 minutes. I haven't had any air loss since about 2 months now. So good luck to you all with the front tire bead leaks.