B6100 mid PTO oil seal replacement

maj_primate

Equipment
B6100 HST
Jan 6, 2013
Summerfield Florida
Hey all- I'm going to replace the mid PTO oil seal tomorrow on my B6100Hste. Anything I shoud be looking out for? My plan-drain hydraulic fluid,remove plate around pto,replace gasket, replace seal,replace cover,add an oem metal pto cover which was missing,and new filter-fill er up with fresh fluid. I assume you press in seal from the back of the case cover. Sound about right? Tom

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Sorry, maj_primate, I have no idea. But, if you take pictures while you work, that could be beneficial to the next person in line doing it.

maj_primate

Equipment
B6100 HST
Jan 6, 2013
Summerfield Florida
Well it was easier than expected. The seal is pressed from the outside. I loosend the seal with a very small screw driver and tack hammer(think eye glass screws)and then took a 1/4" wood chisel , got it under the lip, gave it a twist and it popped right out. used the tack hammer and small piece of wood to set the new one.
I changed the fluid of course and the filter was dated by who ever did it last--Aug 8,2005.
That's a long time, but I must say the old fluid was not in bad shape. The guy I bought it from said he had owned it for a year and a half and hadn't put 20 hours on it and he got it in a trade for a boat from his buddy down the block who had owned it for 7 and rarely used it. Well, one thing for sure, won't be sittin around any more. I plan on giving it plenty of exersize.

Last edited:

DJPatto

Equipment
B6200HST-D Slasher, Grader, Ripper
Dec 29, 2012
Australia
That's good to know Tom. I just got a 6200 myself and have been fixing little things before they become a problem. I may even come across this one some time in the future.