Tie down recs and loacation for BX

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Probably getting a 16 foot tandem dual brake Suretrac trailer tomorrow for trailering my BX2360 with FEL and Land Pride RB1560 rear blade as well as assorted hauling etc. This is the one I am thinking about: https://www.sure-trac.com/products.php?trailerId=11

What tie downs do you guys recommend for this and where on the BX do you attach them too for safest hauling? Stopped by tractor supply to look but just got confused with all the options.

Thanks.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Here are the tie down brackets I made. I used existing bolt holes in the frame and got longer bolts to maintain full thread engagement. These are the recessed rings I have in my trailer floor. On a steel floor, I weld them in and try to place them as close as possible to a crossmember. On a wood floor, I also get them as close as I can to a crossmember, and bolt them through the wood and use a 1/4" steel back-up plate under the floor to spread the load out. In a steel floor, I cut a hole out with a holesaw. On a wood floor, I take a router and cut out a pocket for the ring to sit into.

Attachments

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
My BX was delivered on a roll-back truck, with front chains hooked and looped on the frame material, and the rear on the frame that holds the hitch plate.

Bruce

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks guys. What do you do about the FEL and any implements attached to the rear (mine has a Land Pride quick hitch with the RB1560 rear blade). I’m assuming those should be secured as well - correct?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks guys. What do you do about the FEL and any implements attached to the rear (mine has a Land Pride quick hitch with the RB1560 rear blade). I’m assuming those should be secured as well - correct?
Correct, a strap or chain for every implement, and FEL. ;)

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Well I picked up the trailer today.

Been a while since I towed a trailer, and never anything as big as this one (just over 19 feet long). It was about an hour and fifteen minute drive home - mostly on the PA turnpike with lots of narrow construction zones. Not ashamed to say it was a white knuckle drive most of the way for me in the pouring rain.

It sure pulled nicely though. Almost like it was not even there.

I did get it backed down my drive on the first shot though!

Last edited:

DanR

Apr 26, 2018
Moncton, NB, Canada
Well I picked up the trailer today.

Been a while since I towed a trailer, and never anything as big as this one (just over 19 feet long). It was about an hour and fifteen minute drive home - mostly on the PA turnpike with lots of narrow construction zones. Not ashamed to say it was a white knuckle drive most of the way for me in the pouring rain.

It sure pulled nicely though. Almost like it was not even there.

I did get it backed down my drive on the first shot though!
Good job! I went from a "small" 6x12 trailer to my current tandem 7x16 and find it's way easier to back up. I have a 20' truck pulling a 20' overall length trailer and after some practice I can whip that thing around a crowded Walmart parking lot no problem! You'll be a pro in no time. :)