DPF Issues?

Kubota Tuner

Dec 28, 2016
Canada
I sent this as a private message as well. But I will explain on the open forum also...

Basically what I've been doing so far is SVL series and M series kubotas. They have a Denso computer, 27500-1201 hardware. The cover of the ecm has 4 screws. Pretty much any kubota with this ecm I am able to program to bypass dpf and egr. You can completely remove the dpf can and unplug all sensors. No more regen(burn) or derates/shutdowns. Depending on soot load when programmed you may have a dpf light on. But will not effect performance. If you are able to clear soot load after the ecm is programmed from the dealer or diagnostic software the light will go out and will not come back on. Other than that, no issues. And not all machines will get a light on. The SVL and M series are fully tested and are very successful.
Unfortunately from what I've seen so far the B series uses a smaller ecm and a sealed back cover. I haven't found a way to access these ecms yet. but some b series may use another style ecm. That's why I always ask the customer to send pictures of the ecm so we know what we are working with. There may be other ecm styles or variations I'm not familiar with, but once I get the picture I can research and it may be possible to program it after all. It just takes a few minutes to run the hardware numbers.

I hope this helps with any questions you or other people may have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns!

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is this a hobby or do you have a business doing this?

Wouldn't doing this kill any warranty?

How many failed programming / altering attempts have you had?

Kubota Tuner

Dec 28, 2016
Canada
Hey Thanks for the info. The 3350 seems to be what people are always asking about.

I run a tuning company in Canada. We do many makes and models of tractor and truck tuning. Currently as far as I know we are the only company offering Kubota dpf and egr deletes. Any other advertising is one of our dealers/re-sellers. If you would like more info or a link to the website I will gladly send over PM. I don't want to post links on the board.

I have had zero failed ecms. When developing a tune there is always a process to perfect the file to work out any issues. But that is done before the product is being sold. The actual process of flashing the ecm is low risk, and I haven't had any issues.

As for warranty, depending on your dealer, and how they feel about it, will obviously be the determining factor whether it voids your warranty or not. Some machines are out of warranty, or due to so many issues the owner doesn't care anymore because it spends more time getting warranty then working. But please talk to your dealer first if you are concerned about warranty. But I do deal with many dealers in Canada that actually want this done to help there customers.

Thanks!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So does someone send you their ECM and you flash it, then return it?

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
For what it's worth the Kubota 3990 front mount mower uses the same engine and ECM as the B3350.Owners of these are having the same problems as the B3350 tractor owners.

Kubota Tuner

Dec 28, 2016
Canada
Exactly Wolfman. Turn around time is usually the very next morning. So for example if I receive the ecm on Tuesday. It gets shipped back Fedex Priority wednesday morning. You will have your ecm by Thursday morning. We are a small company, our product and customer service are the most important things to us. And we don't mess around with downtime.

I'm always working on new solutions for different ecms. Hopefully the B series will be next. The biggest obstacle is the read and write process. Once we can get a file out of and back into the ecm successfully. We usually are good to go shortly after that.

I appreciate all the info. Anything you guys can help me with is greatly welcomed. I'm also a journeyman mechanic. Fully licensed Truck and Heavy Equipment. I will gladly help members out with technical questions as well if needed.

Thanks!

pcnesdad

Equipment
2016 B3350
Jun 27, 2016
North Dakota USA
I sent this as a private message as well. But I will explain on the open forum also...

Basically what I've been doing so far is SVL series and M series kubotas. They have a Denso computer, 27500-1201 hardware. The cover of the ecm has 4 screws. Pretty much any kubota with this ecm I am able to program to bypass dpf and egr. You can completely remove the dpf can and unplug all sensors. No more regen(burn) or derates/shutdowns. Depending on soot load when programmed you may have a dpf light on. But will not effect performance. If you are able to clear soot load after the ecm is programmed from the dealer or diagnostic software the light will go out and will not come back on. Other than that, no issues. And not all machines will get a light on. The SVL and M series are fully tested and are very successful.
Unfortunately from what I've seen so far the B series uses a smaller ecm and a sealed back cover. I haven't found a way to access these ecms yet. but some b series may use another style ecm. That's why I always ask the customer to send pictures of the ecm so we know what we are working with. There may be other ecm styles or variations I'm not familiar with, but once I get the picture I can research and it may be possible to program it after all. It just takes a few minutes to run the hardware numbers.

I hope this helps with any questions you or other people may have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns!

Thanks!

Hi Kubota tuner. Would you please send me the link to your site? I have a B3350 with 60hrs on it, and is now in the shop due to DPF/regen issue... did everything by the book and still had problems. Very frustrating...
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
Hi Kubota tuner. Would you please send me the link to your site? I have a B3350 with 90 hrs on it, needs way to contact you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Folks, if you left click on his name in orange it gives his email contact

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
Folks, if you left click on his name in orange it gives his email contact
Thanks north, but that is the first thing I tried, didn't work, I am on a IPad, i clicked on your name and got your email but when I click on Kubota tuner I get nothing, I admit me and computer don't get alone vety good.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Model L3301, L3901, L4701, etc... L2501 is under the HP requirement for a DPF, but is still refered to as Tier 4. The 60 series Grand L is the Tier4 final, with emissions, Im mostly sure.

KubotaTuner,
I'm only 120 hours into my 2015 L3301 and had no trouble with mine yet.

Have you done any research on the Lseries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hi Kubota tuner. Would you please send me the link to your site? I have a B3350 with 90 hrs on it, needs way to contact you.
Put link to their internet based (ebay) company sales side in the first post.

Email can be done through there or thru the click on his user name.

Kubota Tuner

Dec 28, 2016
Canada
Hey thanks everyone. especially the mods for helping maintain the thread! Subject got off topic a little bit, so I was just letting you guys do your thing. Through that link on ebay, you can also find my website with any information you may need.

I know these threads get busy and tough to read each post, but to all the B3350 guys there is currently no solution available.

For the L series guys, currently I haven't had anyone ask! But when it comes to tuning these machines, it not as much about the machine, as it is about the kind of ecm they use. Currently SVL and M series are fully tested. If someone has some info on the L series ecm I would gladly let you know what is available.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

bham

Equipment
l3301
Jan 28, 2017
alabama
i will try to post a pic of my 3301 ecm if i can find away to get a good shot of it own the tractor. i want the dpf gone now, 33 hours and already 2 cycles. when the light comes on i follow the instructions on the fender and the tractor still has to be parked for 20 minutes to self clean

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
i will try to post a pic of my 3301 ecm if i can find away to get a good shot of it own the tractor. i want the dpf gone now, 33 hours and already 2 cycles. when the light comes on i follow the instructions on the fender and the tractor still has to be parked for 20 minutes to self clean

Something is not quite right, either you have misunderstood some of the directions or the tractor has a problem. Most L users have never had to do a parked regen on their tractor in two or more years of use. The emissions system is under a 5 year warranty so start by calling your dealer. Actually even though the operator's manual is a bit difficult to understand, read the dpf section first. You should be running in auto regen and if you have the tractor warmed up and you keep the rpm up it should regen while you are working. No parking is required normally.