Ship heavy stuff with Fastenal!

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I have someone buying my V2203 diesel motor to try to repair his L48 tractor. The motor weighs over 400lbs and is currently bolted to a skid. I think it was here, not sure, but somewhere I was told to try Fastenal for shipping.

GREAT DEAL!

The buyer is paying $200 to ship a 400+lb engine block from CT to Texas....not bad!

I will post up how smoothly everything else goes, but so far so good!

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
That's how the tires for my B2150 were shipped. I couldn't believe how cheap it was, no complaints from me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A.O. ,
Let us know how it goes, I'm curious if they take as good care of you as they do me! ;)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
MAKE SURE TO GET "REPLACEMENT" INSURANCE!!!!!!!!

I purchased a kubota engine a some years ago for 2 grand. Big brand like Fastnal was hired to ship. THEY LOST IT. Their insurance which I had bought for 200 dollars tried to pay me 67 dollars!!!!! In fine print the contract says all "used equipment" is insured at SCRAP VALUE :eek::eek: it weight was 67 lbs. That put my diesel motorcycle project on the back burner for a decade cause it was the last expendable money I'd see for long ass time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4950DT with FEL, L200 with rototiller, RTV900 with winch
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Another possible Fastenal success story: they just quoted me $250 to ship four tires on a pallet (sizes 13.6-24 and 8.3-16 and estimated weight of 1000 lbs, as the rears are filled) from Vancouver, WA to El Cajon, CA - a distance of about 1100 miles. :D

Basically, the way it works is they quote the price from their nearest stores - you have to make arrangements to deliver and pick up the pallet at either end.

I'll update this post if / when we go forward with them, but thought others would be interested to hear how reasonable their quotes are.

Update 1
Insurance: I asked for $900 originally, and they included it in the $250 quote - but didn't break out the cost - but then I thought maybe I ought to get a higher value, so asked them what the cost would be to increase it to $1500, and they said *no additional cost, we can do up to $5000*. NICE

Delivery Time: They said "no more than 2 weeks" but kinda made it sound like it'll be quicker than that...

Update 2
Well, I'm one happy Fastenal customer!

Delivery Time: total of 9 days from the seller dropping off in Washington state to me picking up in El Cajon, CA (San Diego), so they significantly beat their promise of no more than 2 weeks.

Help with loading: Staff at Fastenal El Cajon dropped everything they were doing when I got there, and used their forklift to load the tires onto my truck. And I didn't make it easy on them, as I was hauling a trailer at the time, AND, my truck has an enclosed utility bed on it, so they had to load the tires one at a time, rather than just put the pallet in the bed of a truck. They were very good natured about these constraints and worked with me to get everything safely loaded with no damage.

Communications: The Fastenal coordinator that I dealt with, Danelle, was extremely quick to cheerfully respond every time I requested an update on the status of the wheels as they made their way south to me, that was very much appreciated, as I was eager to get the wheels.

Payment: I paid with a credit card upon pick up - no cash or checks accepted.

Ok, I think that covers all the details I can think of, but if anyone has any questions and/or I've left out any details, just let me know!

Drew

Last edited:

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4950DT with FEL, L200 with rototiller, RTV900 with winch
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Here's a pic of when I picked up the tires, so the reader can see it wasn't easy to load the wheels into my truck.

And yes, I still feel guilty about putting this much load on my new-to-me truck, in hindsight I should have waited and picked up the wheels after I dropped off the (just-bought) trailer at home. :eek:

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

65specialk

Equipment
B21 BX25D
Aug 9, 2011
Gasburg, Va.
Just shipped a plate compactor with them. Shipper drained all fluids and set. On a pallet and strapped down with a ratchet strap. Store loaded in my truck with there fork lift. There base price is $125 which is what I paid. Contact Fastnel Logistics to make arrangements. Very easy to do and good company to deal with. Dave

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
Shipped a 450# PTO generator from Gulfport to Charlotesville VA $250.
I dropped it off Friday and its there already. Two thumbs up.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Glad to hear everyone is having such great luck with them as well! Helps us OTT guys out!