My Finished Project Builds

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Well, I finally got around to posting a couple of the project builds I have finished.

The first pictures are of a barbed wire spool holder for the TPH to help string wire. Made it on the cheap, about $8.00 for the cat 1 TPH pins. The rest came from stuff in my junk pile.
View attachment 30460

View attachment 30461

View attachment 30462

The next are of a TPH frame I made to hold a bulk sprayer intended to mount on an ATV. This is just finished building.

View attachment 30463

View attachment 30464

View attachment 30465

After painting.

View attachment 30466

With tank mounted on tractor.

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Nothing fancy, but they get the job done. Please ignore the poor quality welds. All welding was done outside and the slightest breeze takes away the gas from the mig. Total cost on the tank frame was about $8.00 for the TPH pins and about $4.00 for the top link eye bolts. he 1 1/2 x 3 channel iron was just setting by the fence collecting rust. I finally got put to good use.

Dave

Neire

Equipment
B5000
Jun 11, 2017
Belgium
Nice job!

I've putted my homemade sprayer in a small coaster wagon with external battery. Now i can use ith with tractor and by hand :) what is the spraywidth of that?

Are you just unrolling the wire or are you also able to put tension on the wire?

Have a project comming up at home. +- 200 meter × 4.. dont want to rip my hands :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Looks nice with the paint! What kind of welder do you have?
Yooper,

I have a Mac Tools MC135 mig running Argon/CO2 gas @ about 25 psi. I'm still trying to get consistent good welds. it is kind of hard as all of my welding is outside and the slightest breeze takes away the gas. I have tried using Flux Core wire, and will probably switch to that in the near future.

Thanks for the compliments.

Dave

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dave - both look great - nice job!

I really like it when I can re-purpose something I have laying around.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Nice job!

I've putted my homemade sprayer in a small coaster wagon with external battery. Now i can use ith with tractor and by hand :) what is the spraywidth of that?

Are you just unrolling the wire or are you also able to put tension on the wire?

Have a project comming up at home. +- 200 meter × 4.. dont want to rip my hands :D

Neire,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm just using the wire spool to unroll at this time. I use a wire clamp and come-along for tension. I usually just run about 90 to 120 feet of wire at a time. I pull the wire by hand and tension with the come-along. Just have to be VERY careful pulling so as to not tear up my hands. It takes a bit of time, but works for us.

The sprayer width is about 60 inches with the boom about 18 to 20 inches off the ground. I haven't had a chance to REALLY try it out as things are a bit wet here now. Will probably be a couple days before I can put it to actual use.

Dave

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Yooper,

I have a Mac Tools MC135 mig running Argon/CO2 gas @ about 25 psi. I'm still trying to get consistent good welds. it is kind of hard as all of my welding is outside and the slightest breeze takes away the gas. I have tried using Flux Core wire, and will probably switch to that in the near future.

Thanks for the compliments.

Dave
With your setup you need to invest in a small grinder (4-1/2) and prep the surface before you weld. As in grinding away the rust, mill scale, etc. down to shiny metal. You will be pleased at the difference this makes. Hard to tell from the pictures, but your welds look pretty decent considering you are fighting the rust!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dave, your projects look good.

For your welder and the breeze, might put up a piece of cardboard as a barrier as you weld. Just put in of the side the breeze is blowing from right next to your work. It really helps to keep your gas shield in place.

On your wire un-roller, I'd suggest either an old disk blade to put under the roll, or a piece of plywood. Something under the spool keeps it somewhat more stable, but is also offers some resistance. With the resistance the wire doesn't come off so fast and easier to control. You can actually attach the end of the wire to your start post, then drive your tractor slowly along the direction you need to go. Less cuts on the hands.

If your ground is such that you can not drive your tractor as you un-spool the wire, wrap the end you're pulling onto a hay hook. Then you have a nice handle!

Neire

Equipment
B5000
Jun 11, 2017
Belgium
Pepsiboy,

Wouldnt you adjust the implement of the sprayer to make a little forklift? Like that you can use it for multi purpose?

Something like this.. it can lift about 200kg.. or more. I lift my nose before the implement starts bending/braking..

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
With your setup you need to invest in a small grinder (4-1/2) and prep the surface before you weld. As in grinding away the rust, mill scale, etc. down to shiny metal. You will be pleased at the difference this makes. Hard to tell from the pictures, but your welds look pretty decent considering you are fighting the rust!
Yooper,

I DO use a grinder to cut an angle on the area where the weld will be. I cut at about 45 degree angle and about 1/8 inch wide. Gives plenty of area for good penetration. No rust to fight on the welds. Rust is on the surfaces NOT welded. (flat sides and top of the channel iron) When I finished putting it together, I used the grinder to take as much of the rust and scale off the channel iron as I could get to. Was a dusty mess, but I got it done.

Next project will probably be a stronger frame for one of our yard carts (Light gauge sheet metal for sides and bottom). Too much other stuff going on to get started on that right now.

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Pepsiboy,

Wouldnt you adjust the implement of the sprayer to make a little forklift? Like that you can use it for multi purpose?

Something like this.. it can lift about 200kg.. or more. I lift my nose before the implement starts bending/braking..

Neire,

I have thought about something like that, but I would not be able to get it to lift high enough to put things into or take things out of my pickup bed. Anything I have that needs to be lifted is usually done with the bucket loader.

Dave

Neire

Equipment
B5000
Jun 11, 2017
Belgium
Neire,

I have thought about something like that, but I would not be able to get it to lift high enough to put things into or take things out of my pickup bed. Anything I have that needs to be lifted is usually done with the bucket loader.

Dave
Ah you have a bucket loader..

Anyway, keep up the nice work. You've inspired me for some next projects I didn't even think about using my tractor :)

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Update on sprayer.

I used the sprayer yesterday for the first time to apply weed killer to about 1/4 acre lot we had cleared last year. Everything seems to work great, except that I need to make the attachment of the sprayer to the frame more stable. Even with it strapped down, it does move around a bit on the frame. I'll probably work on that today. Also, will set up a PROPER power plug for it, instead of alligator clips on the battery. (Yeah, I know, ANOTHER project.)

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Ah you have a bucket loader..

Anyway, keep up the nice work. You've inspired me for some next projects I didn't even think about using my tractor :)

Neire,

Just try thinking OUTSIDE the box. I try, but my brain doesn't always work along those lines. Necessity IS the mother of invention.

Dave