B2650 MMM link question

ao9488

Equipment
B2650, FEL, 60" MMM
Oct 27, 2016
Scheller, IL
So today I mowed for the first time with my new to me tractor and decided that would be the last time for the year. I took the mmm off, no trouble, but I dont know what to do with the links that connect to the 3pt hydraulics. What do you do with them when not in use so they dont lower when the 3pt is lowered? Anyone come up with anything or am I missing something? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
EDIT: Oops - sorry I thought we were talking about BX model. I see now that OP has a B model.

There should be two "brackets with holes" (item #9) near the top of the 3-point linkage locate near the upper lift arms (but these brackets don't move). You then remove the "lifting rods" brackets from the upper lift arms and attach them to these stationary brackets. That holds the lower link arms in position.

After re-reading your question, I think you are talking about the links that connect to the MMM - not the links at the back for implements.
In that case, you would lift the 3-point lever (same as if you were raising the MMM) all the way up then turn the MMM height adjustment knob to "Top" position. That keeps the MMM linkage at full height as you raise/lower the 3-point mechanism.

Attachments

Last edited:

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my tractor has spring loaded pins that connect to the mower, they connect to the lift arms. the lift arms are used when traveling or to cut high. if you un-pin the mower, then raise the lifting arms. you will see that there are retainers on the frame to pin the arms for storage.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
If I knew what they were called, Id explain it. There are provisions to secure the linkage on the tractor so it doesn't raise and lower with the 3 point.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
After re-reading your question, I think you are talking about the links that connect to the MMM - not the links at the back for implements.
In that case, you would lift the 3-point lever (same as if you were raising the MMM) all the way up then turn the MMM height adjustment knob to "Top" position. That keeps the MMM linkage at full height as you raise/lower the 3-point mechanism.
The 2650 doesn't have height adjustment on the tractor, its on the deck via the ground engagement wheels.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Here's the instructions on page 28 of the manual for the deck.

sent from a field

ao9488

Equipment
B2650, FEL, 60" MMM
Oct 27, 2016
Scheller, IL
Thanks for the responses, this forum is awesome! I guess I skipped over that when I quickly read through the manual when I was taking it off. When I looked at that piece, it seemed that's where it should go, but I don't like messing with things before I know what they do. Seems easy enough though.

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Pull the pin out

Move the silver bracket towards the ground...

Rotate it down and bring the mower link arm up

Let the pin spring through the hole

sent from a field

Last edited:

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
I take the arms off of both sides, clean them up and store them for winter. On my old B2400, they were too close to rear tire to run chains. My new B2650 appears to have plenty of clearance, but I dont want to expose the attachment pins to the salt this winter, so off they came. As it turns out, the pins at the loader frame that linkage attaches to were absolutely bone dry. I took the opportunity to drill and place grease zerks in this upper pivot point since the pins had actually corroded and were difficult to get out of the lift arm.

ao9488

Equipment
B2650, FEL, 60" MMM
Oct 27, 2016
Scheller, IL
Thanks for the pictures and explanation, that's much better than what Kubota provides. Ended up doing it the other day. Took all of 5 minutes to complete but the feeling of stupidity unfortunately lasted quite a bit longer when I realized what I had overlooked earlier. If I start to notice issues i may take them off but for now the provided spot will work great. Thanks for all your help.