New to me - 90 B7100

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Got to looking on craigslist again - damn that seems to always cost me something :D:) - and saw a very nice B7100 - guy wanted $4500.....I waited ONE day - called him - IT WAS SOLD!!!

SO for S&G's I looked again about a week later - SAW another B7100 - with backblade ......guy wanted $3200.....I said - what the hell, it will be sold......
Must have been fate- because this tractor was 45 miles away and I had a soccer match within 5 miles of that location the same day!!

So.......haul down there, nice guy and what not- said he was selling cause he got a zero turn, drove it around - 4wd works, tranny works, starts well - little smoke and then quits.........

he DID tell me that dyno bearings where going bad .....and they are !

So after waving 28 of these:

he finally gave in .......

bUT - I have asked a few of you and done my research - that dyno has a bolt from hell......aint looking forward to getting to it - but then again, that might be a challenge too!!!

THIS IS THE BOLT - YES????

[/IMG]

Thanks to ProcraftMike for the picture!

Here is the ol' girl :

[/IMG]

so anyone have a great thought as how to hold my breath and get that sumbeauuch out ????:D:)

thank for any advice!!!:):):)

got one of these coming......
http://www.amazon.com/mobarel-Flex-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Open end wrench and a lot of wrench flipping, I have one that is bent on the end and the teeth are cut off so that they are only about half length. ;)
The other option is, it's really easy to get to that bolt if you pull the head first! :eek::rolleyes::p

UMMM, excuse me, but you are getting way too many of these for way too good of deals! :cool:

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
All right now, we're gonna have to have an intervention!!! :p :p Three botas in three years. :eek:

You'll thank us, and your wife will thank us :D

Congrats on the find :D:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well, you just as well start ordering gauges and fitting for radiator hose. You won't be satisfied until you do!

After three machines your dues are reduced at the Orange Tractor Anonymous meetings.

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Only problem I have found with the gear type wrench is most require to much swing to engage the next tooth in tight places. Gear Wrench brand I found has the least swing from tooth to tooth. Probably others as I have not tried them all. I have a couple sizes like Wolf mentioned for the back nut on the old IH Carbs, with about 1.5" of the wrench left on the jaw end.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well, you just as well start ordering gauges and fitting for radiator hose. You won't be satisfied until you do!

After three machines your dues are reduced at the Orange Tractor Anonymous meetings.
mmmm.......

them thar gauges might have to wait ........till I get that dyno solved!

O and yes my wife came outside and asked where I got the "bar" - what you mean the "ROPS" - she said yeah that ........then she looked up and SAW the other lady in the shed.......

YOU BOUGHT another one???? before I could even say......she said "O so you can leave it at the lake?" I love that woman!:D:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well you negotiated such a good deal you came home with enough money to take a picture of your savings. So you already have the funds, just report it to the boss as initial purchase.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have one that is bent on the end and the teeth are cut off so that they are only about half length.
Sean, I'd like to see a pic of that. Might have to make one up in advance.
(Used to be a Boy Scout)

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
T,

From the red circle in the pic, that looks like a welded nut, like you would remove the bolt from the other side. Maybe I am stating the obvious already?

It's late and I still have my Easter clothes on, so I am not crawling under the old girl tonight.....;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
From the red circle in the pic, that looks like a welded nut, like you would remove the bolt from the other side.
It's a nut on a stud in the front of the head that bolts on the housing that holds the dyno. ;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You guys have missed an important part of the story. I want to see video of Hokie playing soccer.
"and I had a soccer match"

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You guys have missed an important part of the story. I want to see video of Hokie playing soccer.
"and I had a soccer match"
Hodge,

"that would be a real short video.......One kick, one pain, one pill - errr two beers !" :D

My playing days were a lonnnnnngg time ago, if you called that playing:eek: - now and for the last 30 some years - I errrrr - fuss, errr, holler, eerr plead, errrr, teach, errrr - coach these "high school students" of the game. Having done it for long time, I don't even get paid for it :p- I am an unpaid volunteer! Yes - my wife does think I am crazy......somethings we do just for the pure enjoyment!!:)

That night - I bought another 'boda tractor and we WON 7-0 ....so all around it was a great night!;):)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hodge,

"that would be a real short video.......One kick, one pain, one pill - errr two beers !" :D

My playing days were a lonnnnnngg time ago, if you called that playing:eek: - now and for the last 30 some years - I errrrr - fuss, errr, holler, eerr plead, errrr, teach, errrr - coach these "high school students" of the game. Having done it for long time, I don't even get paid for it :p- I am an unpaid volunteer! Yes - my wife does think I am crazy......somethings we do just for the pure enjoyment!!:)

That night - I bought another 'boda tractor and we WON 7-0 ....so all around it was a great night!;):)
Sooooooo, reading between the lines, you equate buying another tractor with winning... I see where you are going with that...

My 7100 is a 90, also. I'll be watching you closely, letting you learn the hard way so that I can benefit from your wisdom.:D

farmerj

Equipment
B7100
Jan 20, 2015
upper falls,md
I took the 10MM WRENCH and heated it up with my torch and bent it to fit just at the right angle. I was a pain but once I bent the wrench it worked out really well

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well here we are at the end of MAY - I started my "work" on my new to me B7100 back at the end of MARCH! Bought a 90 B7100 that had a few bad bearings in the dyno......well got right to work tearing down the ol girl, had to wait a good month for some parts to come in and then.....well, school and coaching got the best of me. COULD not find time to do nuttin I wanted to do......

Yesterday was graduation - all teachers "have" to go and I did, but headed down to the lake for some much needed R and R.....

well today the weather has been crap, 70 and rain....all day.......

so TODAY is a great day to get BACK and stick the dyno on and close the little machine up. About a month ago I had a thought.........for those that know, there is one 10mm nut that is damn near impossible to get back ON THE stud, it is up under the dyno and only one finger can get there no more. Getting it off with the swivel head ratcheting wrench was a breeze ......but I knew getting it back on was gonna be a royal pita......

so my thought was to drill a small (1/32) hole at the end of the stud about 1/4" deep. Have a stiff wire that was bent to allow the end to get in the hole and then run the nut down the wire.......

Well - on the third try - that ol' nut jumped right up on that 1st thread, and with wire held and one finger going to spin the nut, it ran itself up snug. As luck would have it, I LOST on of the little nuts!!! Musta lost it a while back, then again this machine has been through the ringer. SO I stole a nut off my other machine, there are lots of 10mm nuts!!!

Placed radiator back on, little antifreeze, air cleaner, battery.....
Hit the glow plugs, and boom - she fired up and ran like a top. Placed a VOM on the battery.......at idle -12.87 v ....ran the throttle up and left it, 14.01 volts.......so that is a huge relief!;):)

NOW - got to address the leaking injector feed nut(s) and go through the entire electrical....

THE mmm got my attention a while back, now to get the MMM/PTO shaft off and replace it with a new one. And get the rear wheels moved out......
I got a few more days to play!;):)