Finally got it...

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Hello everyone... Been reading thru the posts on here for the past few weeks - lots of great advice, experience, and just plain good stuff from everyone.

Been researching and looking at tractors for the past 6 months give or take and FINALLY took delivery of a new B2650 this past Thursday. However, due to all the rain from Hermine moving up the Atlantic coast the last few days, today was the first time I was able to get out and do anything with it. The only thing worse then not being able to get a new tractor is to get a new tractor and then not be able to use it!

From the couple of hours I put on it this afternoon, I can tell I'm going to be very happy with this one! This is my first tractor, although I did grow up with my grandfather teaching me how to use his old Massey Ferguson back in the day.

I got the B2650 with FEL, Land Pride SGC0660 Grapple (with 3rd function valve kit), Kubota B8160 Ballast Box, Construction Attachments 42" Pallet forks, and the Ratchet Rake for the front of the bucket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, really good machine with some very nice attachments.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think the more you use it, the bigger the grin on your face becomes!:D
Nice looking machine!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Yes, new tractors are great and a lot of fun. The more you do, the more you will find that you can do. You got some great attachments there to go along with that new tractor. Congrats!

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Thanks everyone! Really looking forward to tapping into the vast knowledge on here. And before anyone says anything... I did have the tires filled, too [emoji4]. Just forgot to add that.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
I need a grapple but I can tell you the ratchet rake is the best attachment for the money, worth it's weight in GOLD!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Nice setup and enjoy, would recommend the Piranha from BXPanded found it is close to the ratchet rake but always on. I seldom use the RR unless I have a big area to clean up.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Congrats on your new B2650. Looks like you have it set up well with some really nice attachments. I have over 400 hrs on mine in the 15 months since I bought it new and it has been a great tractor. It has been amazing what a tractor this size can do! Now the fun part also to trick it out with some bucket hooks and maybe some auxiliary lighting!

View attachment 24180

View attachment 24181

Last edited:

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Congrats on your new B2650. Looks like you have it set up well with some really nice attachments. I have over 400 hrs on mine in the 15 months since I bought it new and it has been a great tractor. It has been amazing what a tractor this size can do! Now the fun part also to trick it out with some bucket hooks and maybe some auxiliary lighting!

View attachment 24180

View attachment 24181

I'm already impressed with some of the things it will do and I've only had it 5 days! And yes, I'm looking at putting some lights and bucket hooks on it soon, hopefully. Did you weld those hooks yourself or have someone do it?

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Nice setup and enjoy, would recommend the Piranha from BXPanded found it is close to the ratchet rake but always on. I seldom use the RR unless I have a big area to clean up.

Thanks! I have been looking at the Piranha and I'm pretty sure I'll be adding that to the stash soon. The reason I got the ratchet rake is because I have just under 3 acres of wild woods to clean up. Once I get that cleaned up, I'll get the piranha and put it on the bucket.

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Nice looking B really like the grapple.

Thanks! I'm loving the grapple!! Spent about 3-4 hours yesterday moving piles of brush, cut saplings, and big logs (like in the pic). Don't think I got anywhere close to pushing the limits of the machine.

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I need a grapple but I can tell you the ratchet rake is the best attachment for the money, worth it's weight in GOLD!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted I've only had it a whopping 5 days... but so far I've been using the snot out of the ratchet rake and grapple. I use the ratchet rake to tear out and pile up underbrush, hook a brush grubber to the drawbar and pull saplings root and all out of the ground, use the chainsaw to fell bigger trees, and then switch to the grapple to pick it all up and move it to where I want it. Woohoo!!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I'm already impressed with some of the things it will do and I've only had it 5 days! And yes, I'm looking at putting some lights and bucket hooks on it soon, hopefully. Did you weld those hooks yourself or have someone do it?

I welded them om myself. I wanted an excavator hook in the center so I could use chains, straps, or steel cables to fit what I need to lift. Outside hooks to be able to lift wide or awkward loads safely. If you cant weld, one of the vendors on here Kens bolt on hooks is a great alternative with alot of options.

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I welded them om myself. I wanted an excavator hook in the center so I could use chains, straps, or steel cables to fit what I need to lift. Outside hooks to be able to lift wide or awkward loads safely. If you cant weld, one of the vendors on here Kens bolt on hooks is a great alternative with alot of options.

You did a nice job putting the hooks on - you can swing by here anytime and give me a hand putting some on my bucket! [emoji4]