Newer G6200 owner has questions

Brandon_K

Equipment
G6200 + Deere 318
Apr 22, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys,

While I've noticed this is primarily a CUT forum, I figured someone around here had some answers to my questions.

I was able to score a G6200 for a very good price ($300). It's a little rough body wise, but it runs now after a little tinkering, rewiring and a new battery.

I didn't get the owners manual with it and I can't seem to find a PDF or other type of copy online. The first question is deck height adjustment. On my Deere's (with hydraulic lift), there is an adjustment on the rockshaft that limits the cylinder, which in turn limits the draft straps. According to Deere, proper adjustment is to have the deck anti-scalp wheels stop 1/2" above the ground. IE, the wheels don't touch the ground at full deck drop.

I can't seem to find anything similar on the Kubota and it appears that the cylinder has some creep in it. Even with the motor running, after a few laps around the yard the deck drops further than I had it set. And I can't drop the anti-scalp wheels anymore. They're all the way down and it's still cutting it way to short.

Second question, my ground control pedal (direction + speed) is extremely stiff. So stiff to the point that I can't get it back to stop or reverse without pulling on the top of the pedal by hand. I've hit it with PB Blaster as well as some Deere Dri-Film Super Lube with no luck. I can't seem to find any points that it's binding, it's just stiff. Anything common?

Lastly, where does one check fluid level for the hydrostatic system? I can't seem to locate a sight-glass or dipstick.

So far i've been impressed with it. It's my first non-green tractor and it's a really well build machine. It produces a beautiful cut and blows the clippings further than any other machine I've ever owned and I know the blades haven't been touched in years.

I guess I really need to find a copy of the operators, parts and service manuals for it. It appears that a lot of things are out of adjustment or simply don't work anymore. For example there is a roller thing under the seat that has a cable connected to it, but doesn't appear to do anything. It looks like it may have been some type of safety for the PTO, but I'm not sure.

If anyone has any answers or other helpful information about the G6200, I would appreciate it!

Brandon_K

Equipment
G6200 + Deere 318
Apr 22, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for all of the info Vic. I'm going to go pull the deck on it today and sharpen the blades. I figure while the deck is off I'll be able to get to all of the linkages a little better.

Maybe you don't know, but is there no deck stop for cutting height? IE, you have to drop it via hydraulic and hope you get it close to where you want it? Though that doesn't make sense because you would want the deck/cylinder to float. I must be missing something here. I'll have to take a closer look today.

Jlillie

Equipment
B7300/backhoe-RTV900-G6200H-K008-3 :non orange:Takeuchi TB25
Oct 20, 2009
Williamstown, MA, USA
A little off topic, but I just wanted to say that if you got that machine for $300.00 I'd make sure the cops aren't looking for it, cause you got a steal!
B-)
I'm looking at one now that the owner wants $1500.00 for it, and its a 48" deck.
And that was one of the less expensive ones that I have looked at.

Last edited:

Jlillie

Equipment
B7300/backhoe-RTV900-G6200H-K008-3 :non orange:Takeuchi TB25
Oct 20, 2009
Williamstown, MA, USA
Hey guys,

While I've noticed this is primarily a CUT forum, I figured someone around here had some answers to my questions.

I was able to score a G6200 for a very good price ($300). It's a little rough body wise, but it runs now after a little tinkering, rewiring and a new battery.

I didn't get the owners manual with it and I can't seem to find a PDF or other type of copy online. The first question is deck height adjustment. On my Deere's (with hydraulic lift), there is an adjustment on the rockshaft that limits the cylinder, which in turn limits the draft straps. According to Deere, proper adjustment is to have the deck anti-scalp wheels stop 1/2" above the ground. IE, the wheels don't touch the ground at full deck drop.

I can't seem to find anything similar on the Kubota and it appears that the cylinder has some creep in it. Even with the motor running, after a few laps around the yard the deck drops further than I had it set. And I can't drop the anti-scalp wheels anymore. They're all the way down and it's still cutting it way to short.

Second question, my ground control pedal (direction + speed) is extremely stiff. So stiff to the point that I can't get it back to stop or reverse without pulling on the top of the pedal by hand. I've hit it with PB Blaster as well as some Deere Dri-Film Super Lube with no luck. I can't seem to find any points that it's binding, it's just stiff. Anything common?

Lastly, where does one check fluid level for the hydrostatic system? I can't seem to locate a sight-glass or dipstick.

So far i've been impressed with it. It's my first non-green tractor and it's a really well build machine. It produces a beautiful cut and blows the clippings further than any other machine I've ever owned and I know the blades haven't been touched in years.

I guess I really need to find a copy of the operators, parts and service manuals for it. It appears that a lot of things are out of adjustment or simply don't work anymore. For example there is a roller thing under the seat that has a cable connected to it, but doesn't appear to do anything. It looks like it may have been some type of safety for the PTO, but I'm not sure.

If anyone has any answers or other helpful information about the G6200, I would appreciate it!
Brandon,

I'll check my manual and see if there is anything in it that will help, if so I'll scan it for you.

Jim