Tractor stuck II

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nice pictures.....yup - stuck good fashion too!!!

Can you take a shot further back?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's a tractor and not a swamp buggy! I know I've tried! ;)
I still think mine is in deeper! :D

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well the rears are about the same depth but my right front was almost gone. However you really don't have any where to go but up:)
The other side was completely under, :eek:
Yea that was one muddy mess, It did manage to walk out on it's own with a little careful maneuvering.
I didn't have a loader on it at that time and if I did I think it would have been harder to get it out!
One other note, that's a full size L, you only sank a small B. :D

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Sean,

If you left it there for a week and let the ground harden up, would that make it easier to extract or would that make it tougher?

People from the land of no sky water want to know... :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sean,

If you left it there for a week and let the ground harden up, would that make it easier to extract or would that make it tougher?

People from the land of no sky water want to know... :D
That was a really ugly mess, under all that mud was a layer of rock hard frozen ground that was what I was doing in there was breaking that layer up to try and drain the water out, it worked but still took about 3 weeks before it made it solid enough to even walk on it, and about 6 weeks before we could drive on it, yes, that was my driveway, before I moved it.

So to answer your question, not really, because before it dried it would have sank farther into the mud as the frozen ground thawed. :eek: ;)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
You need one of those containerized inflatable flotation collars like they have on 'Copter gear or small boats. Get in the deep stuff and start going down, blow the survival pontoons, chuck a rope, and swim away and hope to winch her back in. :D

I hope to heck your new driveway is less exciting.

Ray

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need one of those containerized inflatable flotation collars like they have on 'Copter gear or small boats. Get in the deep stuff and start going down, blow the survival pontoons, chuck a rope, and swim away and hope to winch her back in. :D

I hope to heck your new driveway is less exciting.

Ray
I love it, I should go get one of those!:D

So far so good, new driveway is way higher and drier! ;)

BX25D KY

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 26, 2015
Ky.
While spreading 4 loads of fill, I went a little to far. Front wheels dug and sank into the soft dirt. Luckily I had a tow strap handy, and the dump truck with the next load pulled me out. First time stuck!

Attachments

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
While spreading 4 loads of fill, I went a little to far. Front wheels dug and sank into the soft dirt. Luckily I had a tow strap handy, and the dump truck with the next load pulled me out. First time stuck!
Maybe next time (yes, there will be a next time....) maybe try extending the hoe. That may have put enough weight out back to let you drive out. If not, just pull yourself out with the hoe.

Dad always said that with a backhoe it is really hard to get stuck.... I did my best to prove him wrong....:D

BX25D KY

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 26, 2015
Ky.
Maybe next time (yes, there will be a next time....) maybe try extending the hoe. That may have put enough weight out back to let you drive out. If not, just pull yourself out with the hoe.

Dad always said that with a backhoe it is really hard to get stuck.... I did my best to prove him wrong....:D

That's funny you say that. The guy bringing me the dirt said the same thing, a backhoe should never get stuck.

Also I got stuck REAL bad this morning. In a mud hole. Back and front tires buried. After about 20 min I finally was able to lift the back tires , and turn with the hoe and keep working to get out. I felt like I was Pro! "aka lucky"

Thanks for the reply.:)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
All of you guys getting stuck in mud have me jealous. I have so many rocks on my property that I could never get stuck even if we had a flood of Biblical proportions. I'll make you a deal; I'll trade anyone that cares to, a truck load of rocks for a truck load of dirt. You arrive with a load of dirt and leave with a load of rocks.;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Probably told this story somewhere else before?

When I was 14 or so, got my father's Minneapolis Moline stuck by taking a shortcut through our pasture. No bottom to it - real mess.

Happened late afternoon - after the Ol' Man showed up, he wasn't happy:eek:, and I don't remember the rest of the day!!:p:p

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
All of you guys getting stuck in mud have me jealous. I have so many rocks on my property that I could never get stuck even if we had a flood of Biblical proportions. I'll make you a deal; I'll trade anyone that cares to, a truck load of rocks for a truck load of dirt. You arrive with a load of dirt and leave with a load of rocks.;)
I'll make the same deal for the eastern half of the country sand and rocks for dirt. I never worry about getting stuck in a water hole on the back roads in this county, the bottom of the hole is always solid sand. The only possible way to get stuck is wait for the snow.