What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Dusty views. Its very dry but it's calling for rain mid week so I gave this 3 acre section a go over with the chain harrows to loosen the soil. I'll seed it the night before it rains and run a roller over it.

View attachment 128847
View attachment 128848
Do you chain harrow your grass every spring? Travelling speed 3-4 mph?
Your new trees will enjoy the coming rain. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Moving some junky mowers and golf cart to plan for some tree felling and picked up a hitchhiker.
IMG_5671.jpeg

Luckily it’s just in the meat of the lug.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Do you chain harrow your grass every spring? Travelling speed 3-4 mph?
Your new trees will enjoy the coming rain. Cheers.
I just got the harrows this spring but that is the plan for them going forward.

We need rain in a bad way. Crops, trees and grass are not where they would normally be for this time of year.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Did some more chipping today at the other brush pile across from the shed after finishing the bigger brush pile I started on yesterday. When I finished the shed pile, I remembered I needed to give the shed a thorough look to see if the Alaskan Saw Mill setup was still in there. Hadn’t seen it in many years. About 5% of what was in there was mine. The other 95% was my late father’s. I think, after a number of years, what belonged to who got a little fuzzy and the Alaskan Saw Mill got gone without my knowledge because it wasn’t there. Sorry, @Old_Paint.
IMG_2461.jpeg

While I was climbing on the boat to get into the loft area, I saw the belt pulley for the Farmall on an empty barrel at the back of everything. I’d kind of hoped Dad hadn’t gotten rid of that, so that was nice. Not sure what’s up with the sock leashed to it. Started to check out the mysterious sock, but my brother called so I sat in the boat and talked to him until it was time to meet my wife to spread chips on a foot path she made a couple years ago. After thinking on it a bit, suspect the sock contains the bolts to mount the pulley.
IMG_2460.jpeg

I hauled chips with the loader and spread them while she did I don’t know what, but something that apparently caused her to need a 30 minute break after 45 minutes of work, so we took the Mule to the pond and watched the two nesting pairs of geese with their tiny freshly hatched goslings; three for one pair and four for the other. Not much of a picture but they weren’t being cooperative and we try not to pester them too much. The one not pictured was trying to decide if he should attack me, ignore me, or run. He wisely settled on ignore.
IMG_2445.jpeg

That left just enough time to put up the equipment and meet up with our son for dinner.

I’ll finish putting wood chips on the path tomorrow morning. I like being retired.

Reactions: 12 users

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I’ll finish putting wood chips on the path tomorrow morning. I like being retired.
That's the great part of retirement, I keep reminding myself that I don't have to get everything done NOW.

Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Grass seed and some oats. Seeded 3 acres tonight. A bit windy but supposed to be rain tonight and tomorrow so I gave it a shot.
20240521_185052.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Grass seed and some oats. Seeded 3 acres tonight. A bit windy but supposed to be rain tonight and tomorrow so I gave it a shot.
View attachment 128939
How does the agitator at the bottom of spreader work? Would it matter if really heavy amount of seed or fertilizer, and will spin no matter what? (I have an electric PTO spreader that I use on atv (plan to use for about 1.5 acres this weekend actually) and it doesn’t like a full hopper of dense stuff…I am not looking for an excuse, yet😉, but curious). 🥃

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Did some more chipping today at the other brush pile across from the shed after finishing the bigger brush pile I started on yesterday. When I finished the shed pile, I remembered I needed to give the shed a thorough look to see if the Alaskan Saw Mill setup was still in there. Hadn’t seen it in many years. About 5% of what was in there was mine. The other 95% was my late father’s. I think, after a number of years, what belonged to who got a little fuzzy and the Alaskan Saw Mill got gone without my knowledge because it wasn’t there. Sorry, @Old_Paint.
View attachment 128885
While I was climbing on the boat to get into the loft area, I saw the belt pulley for the Farmall on an empty barrel at the back of everything. I’d kind of hoped Dad hadn’t gotten rid of that, so that was nice. Not sure what’s up with the sock leashed to it. Started to check out the mysterious sock, but my brother called so I sat in the boat and talked to him until it was time to meet my wife to spread chips on a foot path she made a couple years ago. After thinking on it a bit, suspect the sock contains the bolts to mount the pulley.
View attachment 128883

I hauled chips with the loader and spread them while she did I don’t know what, but something that apparently caused her to need a 30 minute break after 45 minutes of work, so we took the Mule to the pond and watched the two nesting pairs of geese with their tiny freshly hatched goslings; three for one pair and four for the other. Not much of a picture but they weren’t being cooperative and we try not to pester them too much. The one not pictured was trying to decide if he should attack me, ignore me, or run. He wisely settled on ignore.
View attachment 128884
That left just enough time to put up the equipment and meet up with our son for dinner.

No worries about the saw mill. We had a pulley drive similar to the one in your photo for our Farmall Cub. That was a fantastic little tractor as long as you didn’t make any sudden right turns or put the left side of the tractor downhill. I spent many hours of my youth on that little tractor.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
How does the agitator at the bottom of spreader work? Would it matter if really heavy amount of seed or fertilizer, and will spin no matter what? (I have an electric PTO spreader that I use on atv (plan to use for about 1.5 acres this weekend actually) and it doesn’t like a full hopper of dense stuff…I am not looking for an excuse, yet😉, but curious). 🥃
I'll get pictures of mine tomorrow. There is a second part I can bolt on to the agitator but I've never used it. I put grass seed, pelletized lime and fertilizer through it. If you are using sand, GP Outdoors has the same spreader and in the winter his sand wasn't dropping down. He add a piece of chain which resolved his issue and there is a video of his modification on youtube,

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
Removed the lighting, hard cab, and heater. Drained the coolant, replaced the original upper and lower radiator hoses and installed a threaded plug into the thermostat housing to get her back into the original stock configuration. Of course, I refilled the coolant too. With the cab off, I reread the Curtis instructions and reinstalled the newly purchased parts that were discarded for the original install. While she was apart, I generally looked her over well since she's new to me. Hopefully I'll put her to work soon.

Main lesson learned: replacing the lower radiator hose is a PITA without removing anything else, but doable.

20240521_172309.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
No worries about the saw mill. We had a pulley drive similar to the one in your photo for our Farmall Cub. That was a fantastic little tractor as long as you didn’t make any sudden right turns or put the left side of the tractor downhill. I spent many hours of my youth on that little tractor.
I saw that Logosol makes some interesting sawmills for chainsaws and smaller milling tools for chainsaws. They also have some electric driven chainsaw if you are intending to use the mill a lot. See the chainsaw mill and ultra portable chainsaw mills

The videos show some interesting methods to set up guides that you might be able to use for your project.

Reactions: 1 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
View attachment 128885
View attachment 128883

View attachment 128884

I finished up my spring cleanup along my 1/4 mile bike path thru the quakies that runs along the creek, cutting up the winter deadfall with the little 60 V Greenworks electric chainsaw (the one I lost last fall, battery out of it, and it sat out all winter, no problems with at all, not the bigger Greenworks 80V I ran over with the tractor a few weeks ago, both still perfect) and the tractor's chipper. Anything too big for the chipper (with the chips gathered in my ATV's trailer and then spread around on the path) is consigned to the wood shed for next winter's heat. I'm not retired, still running my crane biz, but with a few days off in a row, I realize that going back to work is a LOT easier on me than my days off, I can recuperate and rest up at work, home is where the real work is! I'm not sure if that's something to brag about or not.
IMG_20240517_163130927.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
This is one at work.
IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

Agitator bar spins with slinger pan.

Reactions: 2 users