rtv-xg850 even worse

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
hope to God it's the latter. mine started to not jump during this issue and I know for a fact it's only because the engine doesn't have the power or rpm to make it engage as fast as before
Based on previous CVT experience with snowmobiles and golf carts, worn belts will do this. My engine isn't lugging.

catalyst

Equipment
BX80, RTV-XG850
Sep 30, 2018
St. Clair
OP - did you ever resolve the issue? I hate to say it, but you might want to read through my thread - I'm getting a loss of power and backfiring, too.

truckfixer

Equipment
rtv-xg850sl
May 2, 2023
Cusick WA
OP - did you ever resolve the issue? I hate to say it, but you might want to read through my thread - I'm getting a loss of power and backfiring, too.
nope, it's still sitting in 4 feet of snow, I'm kind of hoping a tree falls on it so I don't have to look at it poking out anymore, though from what I gathered from trying to start it. it was running extremely lean as it could no longer start with cold dense air unless i litterally snuffed all the air out) so put a AFR gauge in yours as well to see if it is a lean issue because we could probably richen it up with modified ford triton or honda car injectors, my guess personally is the ecm has decided to try and self tune but for whatever reason overdoes its corrections to either extreme