What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ray, there are other methods to "That's another $700 off the purchase price of my Kubota." rationalize tractor purchases.

One is to take the going hourly rate for psychiatrist in your area and multiply that times the number on your hour meter! Also, when you don't have to drive to their office you save additional time and fuel, if you want to factor that in.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
D2,

Amen to that!

It will all be worth the look on the faces of my welders when they show up. They are really great guys and this will still be a tough job but at least the material is next to the work site for them.

Now, if I can just help assemble this thing without dropping another piece of steel on my poor tractor. I could tell it shivered a few times moving this stuff.:p

Ray

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Wolfman, thanks for the suggestions. I had taken that pic partway through the project. I have at least 4 bolts per side, with two of them close to the "leading edge" of the blower , top and bottom, and two further back. I was actually considering welding some reinforcement angle inside the blower to make the sides stronger, but for now I'm going to test and see how it works out.

I also use the tractor weekly to restock the firewood that I keep under cover on my front porch...
What did we ever do without our tractor? We use ours for everything including restocking firewood on the deck. Been a great winter so far, haven't gone through very much.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
BB,

I am like you. I could not get half of what I do done without the tractor.

My first old tractor was like a super-duper wheelbarrow. I could haul and dump and move material during landscaping. Doing this house I have used the Kubota in removing remodeling trash, lumber, tile, vanities, bathtubs, as well as moving items between the barn and the house. I have spread 100 tons of granite on my driveway (try that with a rake!!!) and moved tons of boulders.

I laugh every time I drive by the sad little BX on the trailer at Home Depot. They ask $360 a day to rent that little guy. In the 120 hours I have used mine in the last two and a half years, that is about 40 days of rental: over $14,000!

And I am nowhere near done with it.

:)

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Finished my steering wheel restoration.

May seem like a long drawn out process, but so much time is
spent waiting for epoxy to cure or paint to dry.

I we had a magical shop like the kitchens on the TV cooking shows,
the whole process could have been done in a day rather than two weeks.

A couple of pictures below, including the "bible" to wheel restoration...........
The whole process can be seen here...........
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1685250821743725.1073741852.1667881666813974&type=3

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Used kubota to move pellet mill out of cold storage into shop. Going to try a gearbox/electric setup.
Ran great even after sitting for a month.

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Spent 322.00 dollars on 11 gal. hyd. fluid, 2 hyd. filters and fuel filter. They are proud of that HST filter.:mad:

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
Re-plumbed hydraulic lines to match tractor 3rd function on a used grapple I bought Saturday.Grapple is Blue Diamond and very heavy for a B26!

Merlinhomeauto

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 9, 2015
Villas, NJ
Pulled some stumps for a local campground, their big Case could not get into the space. This machine amazes me more and more every time I use it. Stumps were so heavy that when I got them out to were the Case could get them lifted its front wheels off the ground.

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Valentines Day is "tater" planting time in the deep south so I planted 30# of Red Pontiacs and 10# of White Kennebecs. I also added another 150 onion sets to my onion crop. First time Ive used my bedder/fertilize distributor that I cobbled together and it worked really well on the potato row. I mounted a Cole gravity feed distributor on the bedder frame so it puts the fertilzer down and then covers it so as to not burn the seed up. Once planted I switch the Cole over to the cultivator to side dress as needed.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First time Ive used my bedder/fertilize distributor that I cobbled together and it worked really well on the potato row. I mounted a Cole gravity feed distributor on the bedder frame so it puts the fertilzer down and then covers it so as to not burn the seed up. Once planted I switch the Cole over to the cultivator to side dress as needed.
Picture of your Unit would be great! ;)

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
I'll be planting again soon and will try to remember to take the pic as I'm using it (tractor is an hour away from me)but for the interim its a Keulavator multi-purpose frame:

and a Cole McNifty distributor which will work on any tool bar if you make a bracket to fit it. Basically has a gate operated by 3 pt level and the fertilizer feeds by gravity out the bottom and down the tube:

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
I dug up a few privet hedges and piled them with my much too heavy grapple.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Got up on the roof and replaced the shingles blown off by last night's 30+ mph winds.
Lot easier this way than carrying everything up the ladder! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455961853.251819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455961900.603403.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455961920.937303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MizzouTiger

Equipment
L3200HST w/LA524 FEL, Rhino BX66 & RX5, Land Pride FDR1672
Sep 19, 2015
West Central Missouri
Spread 60,000 pounds of 3/4" rock with the FEL and box blade. Drive is 500' from end to end with a small off shoot for a turn around and the area in front of the 40x60 pole barn. Took about 6 hours.

Asked the driver if he'd tailgate the first load and declined. Drive goes down and around a small curve before you get to the creek before it straight back out. I can see why with that much weight up in the air and going around that corner. Wasn't exactly smooth prior to laying rock down(bumpy).

Looks much better now.[emoji4] Used the box blade on it in September but didn't help too much. People we bought the place didn't do too much if anything to maintain it for the 7 years they live here.[emoji53]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Made an old rotary mower quick hitch friendly

Picked up this older bush hog, and just like all the other used implements I have they need modification to use them with the quick hitch, which for me is a must, I hate wrestling with them to get them attached.

Attachments