Quotations To Live By.....

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Ya gota love Colonel Jeff..lol
If you shoot someone with a 25ACP and he finds out about it, he is going to be very upset with you.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
One of the leading causes of problems is solutions.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If you shoot someone with a 25ACP and he finds out about it, he is going to be very upset with you.
If I can remember Jeff Cooper's exact words, it was something along these lines:
A clandestine government agency had come to him (Cooper) for advice on a small gun for their lady agents to carry; they were set on a Colt 25ACP. He tried desperately to try to talk them out of it, but they were adamant on their choice of handgun.
He finally gave up & said "If you insist on sending them out with that gun, make sure it's not loaded."
"For God's sake, why?" they asked.
He answered, "Because if they load it, they may fire it. If they fire it, they may hit someone. And if they hit someone, the person they hit is going to be very upset, and will likely come over & do your agent great bodily harm."

Last edited:

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

Clint Eastwood

Last edited:

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
If I can remember his exact words, it was something along these lines:
A clandestine government agency had come to him (Cooper) for advice on a small gun for their lady agents to carry; they were set on a Colt 25ACP. He tried desperately to try to talk them out of it, but they were adamant on their choice of handgun.
He finally gave up & said "If you insist on sending them out with that gun, make sure it's not loaded."
"For God's sake, why?" they asked.
He answered, "Because if they load it, they may fire it. If they fire it, they may hit someone. And if they hit someone, the person they hit is going to be very upset, and will likely come over & do your agent great bodily harm."

32ACP pretty much same story

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Interesting because both those caliber are prohibited in Canada!

45 acp, 44 mag and 50 cal rounds are just restricted?

Huh?

Apparently countless lives will be saved by our government!

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Marry a girl who is an only child with rich parents.

Mom

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
"I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love!"

Beatles

;)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
36 Inspiring Quotes From 12 Self-Made Billionaires

1. Jeff Bezos

• I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you're going to innovate.
  • Life's too short to hang out with people who aren't resourceful.
  • There's no bad time to innovate.
2. Sara Blakely

• It's important to be willing to make mistakes. The worst thing that can happen is you become memorable.
  • We don't have the luxury of time. We spend more because of how we live, but it's important to be with our family and friends.
  • We can make the world a better place, one butt at a time.
3. Michael Bloomberg

• Taxes are not good things, but if you want services, somebody's got to pay for them so they're a necessary evil.
  • To a contrarian like me, constant advice not to do something almost always starts me quickly down the risky, unpopular path.
  • I don't know why you should be proud of something. It doesn't make you any better or worse. You are what you are.
4. Warren Buffett

• There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
  • Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.
  • If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.
5. Larry Ellison

• When you innovate, you've got to be prepared for everyone telling you you're nuts.
  • I believe people have to follow their dreams--I did.
  • I have had all of the disadvantages required for success.
6. Bill Gates

• Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.
  • We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we insist on their suffering.
  • Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
7. Elon Musk

• When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
  • The only thing that makes sense is to strive for greater collective enlightenment.
  • The single best piece of advice: Constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.
8. Larry Page

• Especially in technology, we need revolutionary change, not incremental change.
  • If you're changing the world, you're working on important things. You're excited to get up in the morning.
  • We don't have as many managers as we should, but we would rather have too few than too many.
9. J. K. Rowling

• It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.
  • It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
  • It is our choices ... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
10. George Soros

• The worse a situation becomes, the less it takes to turn it around, the bigger the upside.
  • Unrestrained competition can drive people into actions that they would otherwise regret.
  • An open society is a society that allows its members the greatest possible degree of freedom in pursuing their interests compatible with the interests of others.
11. Oprah Winfrey

• What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.
  • Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.
  • Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
12. Mark Zuckerberg

• The biggest risk is not taking any risk ... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.
  • I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.
  • I think that people just have this core desire to express who they are. And I think that's always existed.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If woman dont find you hansom, They should at least find you handy!

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
If woman dont find you hansom, They should at least find you handy!
In my experience handy men are highly appreciated by women... and of course if you are handy on one area, you probably can grow your skills to be really handy in some other ummm.. highly appreciated skills..:D:p

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
"Good thing it hit you in the head, otherwise you might have got hurt!":eek:

...My father, after I told him I got hit by a widow-maker while cutting firewood.

I know this is a serious subject, but it really happened....and my head was harder than the limb.....;)

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
“It always seems impossible until it is done.” ~ Nelson Mandela

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” ~ Zig Ziglar

“Even if you fall on your face you’re still moving forward.” ~ Victor Kiam

“Well done is better than well said.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always too early to quit.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale

“Leap, and the net will appear.” ~ John Burroughs

“Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” ~ Wayne Dyer

“One finds limits by pushing them.” ~ Herbert Simon

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” ~ William Butler Yeats

“The wise does at once what the fool does at last.” ~ Baltasar Gracian

“Do not watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going.” ~ Sam Levenson

“Step by step and the thing is done.” ~ Charles Atlas

“I’ve failed over and over and over again. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” ~ Mark Twain

“Always do your best. What you plant now you will harvest later.” ~ Og Mandino

“If you can dream it, you can do it.” ~ Walt Disney

“Either you run the day or the day runs you.” ~ Jim Rohn

“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ~ William James

“I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail, than to attempt nothing and succeed.” ~ Robert H. Schuller

“Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” ~ Ralph Marston

“There is always room at the top.” ~ Daniel Webster

“You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” ~ Henry Ford

“Success is going from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~ Winston Churchill

“Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” ~ Peter Marshall

“You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” ~ Jack London

“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” ~ Chris Grosser

“Only I can change my life. No one else can do it for me.” ~ Carol Burn
ett
“When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.” ~ Lolly Daskal

“You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” ~ Babe Ruth

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~ Robert Collier

“The more we do the more we can do.” ~ William Hazlitt

“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ~ Vince Lombardi

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Ryun

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~ Wayne Gretzky

“Fortune sides with him who dares.” ~ Virgil

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” ~ Truman Capote

“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” ~ George Adair

“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John R. Wooden

“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~ Arthur Ashe

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~ Margaret Thatcher

“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” ~ Farrah Gray

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lau Tzu

“At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.” ~ Steve Maraboli

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein

“First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.” ~ Epictetus

“There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” ~ Roger Staubach

“Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers.” ~ Mark Gorman

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

“Times will change for the better when you change.” ~ Maxwell Maltz

“You become what you believe.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it’s all we’ll need.” ~ Ann Richards

“There has never been a meaningful life built on easy street.” ~ John Paul Warren